- 5 boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, sliced in half, and seeds removed
- 1 (29-oz) can + 1 (8-oz) can tomato purée
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups Basmati rice, cooked
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the heavy cream, cornstarch, rice, and cilantro into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the slow cooker and cook an additional 20 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the bay leaves and the jalapeño. Serve over warm rice, with warm Nan bread, and garnish with cilantro.
This recipe is prepared using the Ninja 6-qt 3-in-1 Slow Cooking System (K301202).