Chicken Patty Melt Sliders
- Last week I did a little experimenting in the kitchen and made a chicken sandwich...patty-melt style. Here's that recipe, perfected!
This recipe is prepared with the Cook's Essentials® Hard Anodized 11-Piece Cookware Set (K42101).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 6 Tbsp butter, room temperature and divided
- 1 cup minced onion
- 32 slices rye cocktail bread
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 16 thin slices plum tomato, about 2–3 whole tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Brown the onions in 1 tablespoon of butter. Set them aside to cool. Meanwhile, butter one side of each slice of bread with the remaining butter and place the bread butter-side down on a baking sheet.
- Combine the onions, chicken, cheese, garlic, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a medium-size bowl. Take about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and form it into a small round patty, about 2" wide and a 1/4" thick. Place the patty on a greased baking sheet and repeat, making a total of 16 patties. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado spread. Mash the avocado and mustard together with a fork until smooth in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons of avocado on the unbuttered sides of half the bread. Place one slice of tomato on the avocado mixture and then place a chicken patty on each tomato. Top with the remaining bread slices, butter-side out. Heat a griddle over medium heat. Toast until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.