Chicken Fajitas with Red Onions & Peppers
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed flat
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced on the bias into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- Toppings: guacamole, salsa, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken and let it marinate, refrigerated, for at least one hour or for as long as four hours.
- Preheat your outdoor BBQ grill for at least 10 minutes. The grill is hot enough when you can only hold your hand one inch above the grill grates for 2 to 3 seconds before you have to pull it away. Place your Technique® BBQ basket on the grill for a couple of minutes to preheat.
- Toss the sliced onions and peppers with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the vegetables to the basket and grill until they start to soften and brown, tossing regularly — about 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess liquid. Add the chicken to the basket with the onions and peppers, season with salt, and toss. Grill until all the chicken is cooked through, tossing regularly. The timing will depend on how hot your grill is and how often you toss the basket, but should be about 5 to 10 minutes.
- If desired, warm the flour tortillas on the BBQ grill, wrapped in some aluminum foil. To assemble the fajitas, place some of the chicken and onion-pepper mix on a tortilla, top with your choice of toppings, and wrap the tortilla around the fillings. Serves 4 to 6.