Chicken Breast with White Wine & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for chicken)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (for sauce)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Before cooking the chicken, brush each breast with oil and season with salt and pepper. In a large, nonstick pan over medium heat, sauté the chicken for 1-2 minutes until golden on each side. Place the chicken on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To make the sauce, add the olive oil and mushrooms to the same skillet and cook for 2 minutes until the mushrooms soften. Add the stock and wine and simmer for about 4 minutes. Add the cream, then cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.