Cheesy Chicken & Bacon Ziti
- "I really like this recipe because it is an easy, make-ahead meal. I also love that it is a great way to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken from the store."
This recipe is prepared with the Lock & Lock 10-Piece Nestable Bowl and Zen Storage Set (K41325).
- 1 (16-oz) package ziti or penne
- 2 (10-oz) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce (you can use jarred too, you'll need about 1-1/2 jars)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-oz) Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1-3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella (I use part skim)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain it and return it to the pot. Add the Alfredo, sour cream, and chicken. Spoon half into a 13" x 9" pan that has been lightly buttered.
- Combine the eggs, Ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano, parsley, and bacon (in that order) in a medium-size bowl and spread the mixture over the pasta. Top with the remaining pasta and then sprinkle with the Mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 10 minutes more, or until cheese is bubbly. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Cook the casserole, as directed, and let it cool completely. Transfer it into a Lock & Lock container. Freeze it. When ready to serve, let it completely thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then, return it to a lightly buttered casserole dish, cover it with foil, and let it reheat in the oven for about 30 minutes at 325°F. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave, but use a lower power setting (50%) for about 4 minutes per serving (microwave wattages vary, so you might need a little less or more).