Carne Asada with Tomato Corn Salsa, Avocado & Arugula
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1-1/2 lb flank steak (depending on your appetite)
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 ear fresh corn kernels (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced and rinsed with cool water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 8" round flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- First, make the marinade. Combine the garlic, chipotle, parsley, oregano, cumin, lime juice, and olive oil in a non-reactive bowl. Coat the flank steak with the marinade and let it sit together in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- While the steak marinates, prepare the salsa. Combine the corn kernels, tomato, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill until hot. Place the Cook's Essentials® BBQ pan on the grill and preheat for 5 minutes. When the BBQ pan is ready, place the flank steak onto the pan and grill for 3 minutes per side (for medium).
- Remove the steak from the BBQ pan and let it rest for a few minutes. Quickly grill the tortillas, just to create marks and warm them up. Slice the steak against the grain on a bias, making thin strips.
- Wrap the strips of steak in the tortillas along with some sliced avocado, a handful of arugula, and a spoonful or so of salsa. Enjoy! Serves 4.
Recipe provided by Meredith Laurence.