CHI Smart Volumizing Styling Iron & Travel Iron w/ Accessories
Who is it for: All hair types--from thin to thick/coarse.
Why is it different: An easy-to-use digital control on the full-sized iron allows you to set the correct temperature for straight hair in one pass based on your hair type--lower heat settings for fine hair; higher heat settings for thick hair. The iron keeps a consistent temperature with a 15-second recovery time for added ease of use. In a clinical study comparing CHI Smart titanium plates to another popular styling iron that uses ceramic plates, the CHI Smart titanium plates were found to be more scratch-resistant and durable.
How do I use it:
To straighten, divide hair into 1" sections. Place your CHI Smart iron at the root of your hair, closing it lightly. Glide the iron slowly from roots to ends. Repeat for each section.
To flip, place your CHI Smart iron at mid-shaft and slowly rotate iron away from your body. Repeat for remaining sections. Comb or brush gently to blend sections together.
To ribbon or curl: the size of hair section determines the tightness of the curl. For loose curls use larger sections and for tighter curls use smaller sections. Place the iron at the root of hair, lightly close, pull iron two inches from scalp. Take the end of your hair strand and wrap it under and around the iron. Gently pull and rotate the iron until you have reached the end of your sectioned hair to create a ribboning effect. The slower the pull, the better the result. Repeat for remaining sections. For looser curls, gently brush through. Start at the root and brush backwards.
From CHI Smart.
- Includes full-sized styling iron, travel iron, satin zip pouch, heat-resistant mat, three hair clips, and how-to guide
- Full-sized iron: 1" ceramic and titanium plates; digital temperature control from 176F to 410F
- Travel-sized iron: 3/4" ceramic and titanium plates; single temperature when turned on and off; heats up to 397F
- Lock mechanism
- Auto shutoff
- To avoid turning the iron off or accidentally changing the temperature setting during usage, simply hold down the Power Button until a lock icon appears on the screen; to unlock, repeat the same process until the icon disappears from the screen; after one hour of non-use, the iron will shut off automatically
- Plastic/ceramic/titanium construction
- Measurements: Full-sized Iron 10"L x 3-1/2"H, 1-1/4" plate, Cord 9'L; Travel Iron 8-3/4"L x 2-3/4"H, 1" plate; Cord 6'L
- ETL listed; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Made in China