Zesty Grilled Scallops with Mango & Arugula Salad
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, stem removed and chopped
- 3/4 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 lbs sea scallops, muscles removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 scallion, stem removed and diced into 1'' pieces
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 mango, peeled and diced into 1/2'' pieces
- 5 oz arugula, washed and dried
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 a seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashews, chopped
- To prepare the scallops, combine all of the marinade ingredients in a medium-size ceramic or glass bowl. (Do not use metal.) Add the scallops and marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and mix until blended. Pour the dressing into a leftover container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the salad, place the fruit and veggies in a large salad bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and use tongs to evenly coat it.
- To grill the scallops, preheat a grill (or grill pan) over medium-high heat. Remove the scallops from the marinade and grill approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately with the prepared mango salad.
Recipe provided by David Venable.