Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 1 (11-oz) package baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 (8-oz) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled; 3 Tbsp drippings reserved
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano shavings
- Toss the spinach, red onion, mushrooms, and cranberries together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and basil in a saucepan over low heat. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the warm dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add the crumbled bacon and eggs. Top with the Pecorino shavings before serving.
Recipe provided by David Venable. View more recipes by David.