Salted Caramel Chocolate Nests
- 12 oz vanilla caramels, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 6.5 oz potato sticks
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the chopped vanilla caramels, salt, and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals and stir after each interval until the caramels are completely melted and the mixture is smooth. (This may take up to 2-1/2 minutes.) Let the mixture cool for 30 seconds.
- Carefully stir the potato sticks into the caramel mixture until completely coated. Rub your hands with oil and form 6-8 uneven circles and place them onto the prepared baking pan. Use one or two fingers and press the middles down, creating a nest-like shape.
- Refrigerate the nests for 35-40 minutes, or until the caramel has hardened. While the nests are in the refrigerator, melt the chocolate chips on top of a double boiler. Dip the bottoms of the nests into the melted chocolate, and then place the nests back onto the prepared baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Recipe provided by David Venable. View more recipes by David.