Hearty Vegetable Lentil Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 cups leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, medium diced
- 1 cup red skin potatoes, medium diced
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1–1/2 cups canned pumpkin purée
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1–1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1–1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 (15-oz) can white beans with liquid
- 3/4 cup fresh green beans, snapped in half
- 1/2 cup canned roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large stockpot. Add the garlic, leeks, celery, carrots, and potatoes and sauté until the leeks begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, pumpkin, vegetable stock, oregano, cumin, and paprika. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the lentils, white beans, green beans, red peppers, and sage. Return to a simmer and continue to cook another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe provided by David Venable. See more recipes.