Grilled Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- 4 (6-8 oz) filets, skinless and boneless
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to high. If using a barbecue grill, place a grill pan or basket on the grill and allow it to heat up, as well.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spread butter on the belly-side of each salmon filet, but season both sides with salt and lemon pepper. Cook the filets 4-5 minutes on each side, or until your desired doneness.
- Remove the salmon the from the grill and place it on a platter. Top each filet with a dollop of dill sauce. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.
Recipe provided by David Venable. See more recipes.