Grilled Chicken Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 small bottle Italian dressing
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice (optional, for serving)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1/4 cup cashews or peanuts, roughly chopped (optional garnish)
- Pour the Italian dressing into a zip-top plastic bag and add the chicken. Marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to high. Brush a grill basket (or grill pan) with olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it in the grill basket. Discard the dressing. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on each side. Add the broccoli, red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, and red onion to the basket and cook for 2-4 minutes. Flavor with the seasonings and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over the rice and garnish with fresh basil and chopped cashews or peanuts, if desired.
Recipe provided by David Venable.