- 1/4 lb ground coffee
- 2 qt filtered water
- 1 (14–oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Chocolate sauce (optional garnish)
- To brew the coffee, add the water and coffee to a 4-qt glass or non-porous ceramic bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the coffee by ladling it through a cheesecloth-lined fine mesh strainer. Freeze half of the coffee in ice cube trays. Refrigerate the rest of the coffee.
- To make chocolate coffee creamer, add the condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, and cocoa powder into a medium saucepan. Whisk the ingredients together over medium heat until it begins to steam, stirring occasionally. Cool and store in refrigerator.
- To finish the drink, combine six frozen coffee cubes, 1/2 cup coffee, and 1/2 cup chocolate creamer into a blender. Blend for about 30 second or until smooth. Pour the mixture into a glass, top with whipped cream, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Serve with a straw.
Recipe provided by David Venable. View more recipes by David.