Chocolate Cherry Valentine's Heart Bars
- 1 box regular brownie mix (no chocolate chips)
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Chocolate sauce (optional garnish)
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Maraschino cherries and juice (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9'' x 13'' pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs, and almond extract. Stir until well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Cut out the bars with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Lightly drizzle cherry juice from the cherries along with the chocolate syrup on a dessert plate. Place the chocolate cherry bar in the center of the plate. Top the heart with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry.
Recipe provided by David Venable. See more recipes.