Ceviche-Style Salmon with Lime, Dill & Avocado
- 2 5-oz salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp lime zest, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice; about 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped, soaked in water & drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 radish, sliced as thin as possible
- Pumpernickel bread, cut into triangles & toasted (optional)
- Slice the salmon as thin as possible into long strips, keeping your knife at an angle. (This is easier to do if the salmon is partially frozen.) Place the strips of salmon decoratively in one layer on serving plates and refrigerate.
- Combine the lime zest, juice, and finely chopped red onion in a bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Five minutes before you're ready to serve your meal, drizzle the lime dressing over the salmon. Cover the entire surface of the salmon with the dressing using the back of a teaspoon to spread it around.
- Scatter the dill, avocado, and sliced radishes over the top and serve with toasted pumpernickel bread. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Recipe provided by Meredith Laurence. View more recipes by Meredith.