- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2-2/3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 5 cups shredded Muenster cheese
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- Place 2 Tbsp of the butter in a medium-size, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the panko, blue cheese, and chives. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a 5-qt stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the pot, and stir until the vegetables are coated. Slowly whisk in the half-and-half and the hot sauce and stir until thickened, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the shredded Muenster cheese and continue to mix until it's completely melted. Add in the shredded chicken and cooked pasta and stir until all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Place the mixture into the prepared 9" x 13" pan, sprinkle with the crumb topping, and bake on the bottom rack of the oven until bubbly, about 25–30 minutes.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.