Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Stromboli
- Looking for a new go-to party pleaser? Guests will love everything about this flavorful stromboli—from the gooey cheese and tender broccoli to the flavorful ham. Hosts and hostesses, three words: no mess cleanup!
This recipe is prepared with the Dreamfarm Garject Self Cleaning Garlic Press (K42984).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8-oz) boneless ham steak cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1-1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 oz whole milk ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1-1/3 cups shredded extra sharp provolone cheese
- 1-1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs pizza dough
- Add the oil to a medium-size saucepan set over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ham and broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool. Lightly grease a large baking pan or sheet. Set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough into an 18" x 12" rectangle on a lightly-floured surface. Add the ricotta, provolone, mozzarella, and black pepper to the cooled ham and broccoli mixture. Mix until evenly combined. Place the mixture onto the rolled dough, leaving a 1" rim around the edges. Fold in the shorter sides of your stromboli about 1". Then, holding a longer side, roll up the stromboli, jelly-roll-style. Pinch the ends and seams to seal. Carefully flip the stromboli over so the seal is on the bottom and place onto the prepared baking pan. Refrigerate the stromboli for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the stromboli from the refrigerator and cut 6 (1-1/2") slits on the top. Make sure to cut completely through the top layer of dough. Bake for 45–55 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the stromboli stand for 15 minutes before slicing.