Bobbi Brown Black Velvet 9-pc Deluxe Color Collection
Who is it for: Anyone looking to translate the black makeup look from the runway into something pretty and wearable. Neatniks need not apply! This collection, particularly the Kohl eyeliner, looks best a little smudged.
Why is it different: The Black Velvet look offers wearable choices for a smoky eye or a rich, dark lip. Think of the shades like sparkling gems in a velvet-lined jewelry box or a box of chocolates--the colors invite you to pick and play for a customized look.
How do I use it: After perfecting the complexion with corrector, concealer, and tinted moisturizer or foundation, and warming up the face with a touch of bronzer (all sold separately), apply Desert Pink blush with the included brush to the apples of the cheeks for a pop of color. Then, apply Black Garnet Metallic lip color either to the top and bottom lips for a dramatic look, or to the lower lip only--then smack your lips together--for a casual wash of color. Follow with Crystal lip gloss.
Next, sweep on Ivory eye shadow from the lash line to the brow using the brush. Dust off the brush, then use it to apply Black Charcoal metallic eye shadow on the lower lid and up to the crease. Line the upper lash line with the Black Kohl eyeliner. And, for more drama, line the inner rims of the upper and lower lash lines, as well. Smudge it with your finger, and layer a shadow over it to keep it in place. Apply two the three coats of Extreme Party mascara to finish the look.
From Bobbi Brown.
- 0.21 oz Extreme Party mascara, very black
- 0.13 oz blush in Desert Pink, a natural pink
- 0.08 oz eye shadow in Ivory, a creamy white
- 0.12 oz twist-up tube of metallic lip color in Black Garnet, a black bronze
- 0.1 oz metallic eye shadow in Black Charcoal, a gray/black sparkle
- 0.04 oz Black Kohl eyeliner
- 0.24 fl oz mini lip gloss in Crystal, clear
- Mini blush brush
- Mini eye shadow brush
- Metallic lip color made in Canada; Eyeliner made in Germany; Lip Gloss made in Belgium; Brushes made in China; Mascara/Blush/Shadows made in USA