Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1-1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg whites and beat well. Add flour mixture and the buttermilk alternately to the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Spoon half the batter into your 1.5-qt Temp-tations® baker. Sprinkle with 1 cup of blueberries. Spoon remaining batter over the top and sprinkle with 1 more cup of blueberries.
- Next, sprinkle with raw sugar and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
- Place the remaining blueberries on your Lid-It and dust with powdered sugar. Serve alongside the coffee cake. Makes 6 servings.