Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 4
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bstdflush Chilling in Florida
I was one of the members of the kickstarter campaign, and have been using the Bedjet for a few months now. I referred a couple of friends over to QVC when they were asking me about it, and I showed up today, as the lady who cleans our house was asking how to get one after seeing it.
Now a couple of caveats. I bought two systems, and the AirComforter. I cannot speak to using the device without the Aircomforter because I've used it that way since day one.
My wife and I couldn't be father apart in temperature comfort. I am constantly trying to make the house cooler, while she likes to sneak tap the AC up a few degrees. I usually wake up a couple times a night hot and sweaty, and she complains I am trying to freeze her out. When I saw this on Kickstarter I figured to give it a try. It has made a world of difference. I jacked it up to 80% and actually woke up cold the first night. . . . that never happens. Now I usually keep it about 60% the whole night through and she uses hers for a blast of heat, and then it stays off for the rest of the night for now. I am far more enamored with it than she is, but even she said she thinks she will "warm up to it" come December (we live in Florida).
With the Air comforter distributing the air over the entire side you are cool as a cucumber or snug and toasty . . or in our case, both at the same time.
I've found I sleep more soundly and wake more refreshed and comfortable than I can ever recall.
My only dig is the remote is terrible. You better have a smart phone that you plan to use their app on. The app works really well for turning it on and off, setting up program times for the night (i.e. I have mine run 75% cool for an hour while I am settling in, and then it turns down to 55 - 60% for 8 hours, then drops to 15% for an hour when I am supposed to start waking up. I had hoped that the Kickstarters would get the upgraded remote that was promised since sometimes it's not convenient to use the phone app. It's not materialized, but I am still holding out hope that will happen at some point.
So, the moral of the story. . . Don't plan on using their remote, but do plan on getting better, more comfortable sleep.
Rated 1 out of 5 by QVC Quality Shopper Very Disappointed!
I purchased this item on QVC instead of at Amazon so I could take advantage of their payment plan. I was very excited to buy the BedJet because of my horrible menopausal night sweats. I could hardly wait to receive it, set it up and start using it. I even went to bed 2 hours early the first night I had it so I could revel in my initial experience of it. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed! Here are my complaints:
(1) Once you turn on the BedJet you can't turn it off with the remote -- there is no option on the remote to power off the unit -- a HUGE inconvenience!!. The BedJet runs continuously from that point forward until you get down on your hands and knees, reach under the bed, and flip the power switch to OFF. I found that I did not want air blowing over me during the entire night but had no way to stop it without manually turning it off under the bed. Very poor design!
(2) The BedJet remote is not backlit nor does it have fluorescent buttons so once the lights are off in your bedroom you can't see anything on the face of the remote. The remote has 7 different buttons on it but in the dark you have no idea which button does what or even which end of the remote it the top. Also, the buttons are labelled with text printed in a very small font. If you want to make any changes to the operation of the BedJet during the night, you have to get up and turn on a light (and possibly put on your glasses) in order to see how to properly use the remote. Again, very poor design!
(3) The BedJet has 20 -- yes, you read that right -- incremental power levels. While this is most likely intended to provide the maximum number of blower options, it is very annoying during actual operation. You have to press either the increase or the decrease button on the remote 20 individual times in order to make the blower go from minimum to maximum. This is very difficult for someone who has arthritis or a limited range of motion. Again, very poor design!
(4) During operation, the air blown into my bed by the BedJet only reaches my upper thighs. For me personally, when I experience a menopausal hot flash it primarily affects my upper body only. This means that during a nocturnal hot flash, the BedJet is cooling the portion of my body that is not hot and the area of my body that feels like it is on fire is beyond its reach. Again, very poor design!
(5) The BedJet itself does not lend itself to pleasant integration into the typical decor of most American households. The unit is constructed of stark white plastic and looks very much like a piece of medical equipment. There are no color choices or finishes available. Its presence sticks out like a sore thumb and clashes with all but the most modern/contemporary decor. Again, very poor design!
In summary, I believe that the BedJet was designed and manufactured from a technical/engineering perspective and did not include input or feedback from real-life potential customers. I think that with a major overhaul it could be a great idea come to life, but in its present state I cannot recommend it to any one.
Rated 5 out of 5 by bamill88 Best night's sleep
I was an original Kickstarter backer. My friends thought I was a shill for the company because I couldn't stop talking about it. My girlfriend thought I was nuts. Since it arrived more than a year ago, I haven't spent a night at home without it on. My girlfriend now has her own BedJet. One of my neighbors bought one as well. This thing is worth every penny.
It has three temperature settings: "cool mode" pulls air in from the room, "heat mode" makes the bed comfortably warm, "turbo heat mode" blasts hot air for 10 minutes. Turbo mode is great for getting the bed warm before settling in, while you're brushing your teeth, etc. I love it, would buy it again in a minute.
Rated 4 out of 5 by willac Such a great product
I was among the pilot group of purchasers of the BedJet. I could not be more pleased with it. I simply cannot fall asleep if I am not comfortable temperature-wise and the BedJet allows me to completely control my environment. It works well with my regular medium-weight down comforter. the noise is minimal, and in someways soothing, like white noise. It's also perfect for those of us who have hot flashes and/or share our beds with someone who is always cold. The only draw back is the unit is a bit bulky, but I simply unplug it during the day and tuck it under my bed.