Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Pave' Gemstone Grasshopper Charm
or 6 Easy Pays of $23.00
+ S&H and tax Good until July 1, 2017 2:59 a.m. ET
We're sorry. This item is not available at this time.
Pre Order Possible .
A Note from the Designer
"The Japanese revere the grasshopper's song, believing the moon inspires its music. In China, the grasshopper is a symbol of happiness, good health, good luck, abundance, and virtue. Native Americans consider the grasshopper a harbinger of joyful news. The grasshopper springs us into magical realms and teaches us to see the 'big picture.' The lines of its body are perfect for a three-dimensional sculpture. Green quartz promotes growth and abundance, and I've placed a green-toned mother-of-pearl under Limon® quartz to give it a luminescent glow. The amethyst, a crown chakra stone, is specially carved for the grasshopper's head and is a stone of intuition, spirituality, and mediation."
- Sterling silver, 18K yellow gold
- Total gemstone weight is approximately 0.80 carat
- Faceted chrome diopside body pave set in black rhodium plating; satin 18K yellow gold signature flower and tail; fancy carved amethyst cabochon; sterling zigzag and bead details on legs, arms, and round bail; oxidized finish
- Round bail will fit most size chains
- Including bail, measures approximately 2"L x 5/8"W
- Made in China
The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) is widely recognized as the world's foremost authority in gemology, including diamonds, colored stones, and pearls. Through research, education, and laboratory services, the GIA serves the public interest through objective gemstone evaluation, including identification.
You can purchase our gemstone jewelry with added confidence knowing that QVC incorporates the GIA's expertise into the QVC gemstone identification quality assurance process.
For more information on the GIA, visit www.GIA.edu.
For more information on the gemstones found at QVC, check out our gemstone glossary.