Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Multi-Gemstone Lotus Earrings
A Note from the Designer
"The lotus is one of my favorite symbols, and I love interpreting this beautiful flower in my art. In this piece, I chose a partially open lotus flower, representing our minds partially closed. The unfolding petals symbolize our freedom from preconceived notions and the material world. The bud of the lotus is a green mother-of-pearl layered under clear quartz. This bud represents the soul's readiness to evolve, and green is the color of abundance and growth."
- Sterling silver, 18K yellow gold
- Total gemstone weight is approximately 0.40 carat; gemstone weight is not given for triplet or mother-of-pearl
- Pear-shaped green triplet made up of a green layer with white mother-of-pearl base and faceted crystal quartz top; black rhodium accents the prong-set, iolite gemstones in a pod shape above with 18K yellow gold accents; white topaz prong set down the front of the shepherd's hooks; scroll design; 18K yellow gold leaf
- Left and right design
- Shepherd's hooks, for pierced ears only
- Measures approximately 1-3/8"L x 1/2"W
- Made in China
The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) is widely recognized as the world's foremost authority in gemology, including diamonds, colored stones, and pearls. Through research, education, and laboratory services, the GIA serves the public interest through objective gemstone evaluation, including identification.
You can purchase our gemstone jewelry with added confidence knowing that QVC incorporates the GIA's expertise into the QVC gemstone identification quality assurance process.
For more information on the GIA, visit www.GIA.edu.
For more information on the gemstones found at QVC, check out our gemstone glossary.