Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 2 overripe medium-size bananas, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two muffin tins.
- Cream the butter, vanilla, and sugar together with a stand mixer set on medium-high speed. Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and the baking soda together in another bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of sour cream to the butter mixture and then add half of the dry-ingredient mixture. Mix well and then repeat with the remaining sour cream and the remaining dry-ingredient mixture until the batter is well-combined. (Be sure to end with the dry ingredients.)
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and the bananas until evenly mixed. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 25–30 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the middle of one of the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.