Baked Salmon with White Beans, Tomato & Spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & smashed
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 14-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can white cannellini beans, drained
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil and smashed garlic clove on the stovetop over medium heat. When the garlic clove starts to turn brown on the edges, remove them and discard. Increase the heat to high, add the salmon fillets presentation side down, and sear for 2 minutes to brown. Flip and cook the other side for 1 minute. Move the salmon to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the shallots and thyme sprigs and cook briefly. Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Add the tomatoes and return to a simmer again. Return the salmon fillets to the pan, place on top of the tomato sauce, and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 6–8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the fillets to a resting plate. Add the white beans to the tomato sauce and heat through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir the spinach into the mixture to wilt just before serving.
- To plate, spoon the tomatoes, beans, and spinach to a plate or shallow bowl and top with the salmon. Serve with a green salad