B. Makowsky Maise Glove Leather Zip Around Mini Crossbody Bag
Beautiful & Dainty Nag
This beautiful little bag is all you need to run errands or a night out. The craftsmanship is impeccable and the price....wow, what a bargain. QVC you never disappoint and always excite. Thank you
Handy little bag but there are problems
This is a small bag that's perfect for an evening out or lunch with friends and I like the glove leather a lot. I agree with other reviewers who suggest having two zippers meet in the middle at the top of the bag would be more preferable than having the one zip-around type zipper. The center zip pocket should also be larger and attached to the bottom of the bag. Despite those two design flaws, I'm pleased with the overall form and function of the bag but I would probably not give it as a gift.
PRETTY BAG WITH TOO MANY SERIOUS DESIGN FLAWS
2 stars are for the leather and the attractive look of this cross-body. But it is not functional. Here are its big flaws:
1. one zipper encompassing all three sides before you can open the bag with the cross-body strap glaringly in the way of easily opening it..See #8.
2. a strap that is too thin - digs into your shoulder.
3. a turn-lock closure may seem ideal to someone who never carried a bag with a turn-lock. I had to give away a bag I loved except for the turn-lock that was constantly hitting my arm. One reviewer said it scratched her coat lining when she wore the purse under her coat.
4. the tiny center zipper section (in addition to being too narrow in width) does not go to the bottom of the bag (doesn't hold much) and even worse, items can get stuck underneath this section and consequently are very hard to retrieve. A failed feature. Also negating the claim of three separate compartments.
5. the lining is not secured to the bag and is easy to catch in the zipper. Also, why not give us a light colored lining?
6. there is no interior back wall zipper pocket or interior slip pockets. The inadequate center zip pocket can't begin to replace those expected features.
7. Your back slip pocket has no security. I'd never put my keys in either the front or back slip pocket. I must have my keys in a zipper pocket (either exterior, or interior) or behind a zipper, same for my cash, and same for my credit cards.
8. This last awkwardness wasn't mentioned by others, I believe. And, it is a killer - the attachment of the cross-body straps. One is attached to the front of the bag, the other end to the back of the bag. Please try opening the bag while it is on your shoulder or across your body, then you will see how the strap is very much in the way of opening the bag. It's maddening. Obviously, I did not receive the bag, as I watched the presentation numerous times and studied the many reviews after initially ordering it and then cancelling.
Why did I order this bag? I love glove leather. I wanted a beautiful green leather cross-body bag that weighed about a pound or less, or a little bit more. But I realized I did not need to have it in my hand to confirm that it is hopelessly inadequate. I'm still looking for a beautiful functional leather cross-body bag. Another reviewer is asking for a zip-around wallet on your bag - please that has to go on the back of the bag. Tignanello has stopped offering this useful feature, Their bags have gotten heavier and less attractive. There is a need to fill.
Just What I Was Looking For
I have several B. Makowsky bags and when I was in the market for a cross body I looked at this brand 1st. My main requirement was for the bag to be small yet big enough to carry what I needed. I don't carry a wallet but more of a business card holder that I put my essentials (drivers license, medical insurance and credit cards). The inner zip is perfect for holding it. Yes, it is a small inconvenience that the zipper on the outside has to go all the way around to get into it but, to me, it's not a deal breaker. The straps could stand to be a little thicker but again, not a deal breaker. Considering the small size, the purse is quite roomy. Glad I purchased it.
Love this bag!!!
I was tired of lugging around a large bag and unable to find what I needed because it was stuffed !!! This bag is a compact little organized bag with beautiful soft leather!!! It is light and holds quite a bit !!! Very organized!!!
Great Little Bag
I have this bag is 3 colors. It is perfect for me because I have back problems and I no longer order heavy bags I always look for the weight of the bag in description. I do agree a double zipper closure would have been nice but not a priority. I am a petite mature lady and I don't like a bag that overpowers me. This small bag can carry all of my essentials and keeps me from over loading. It is great for my life style and I think it has a very stylish look to it and I like the fact that it has a vertical look rather than horizontal because that can make me look dumpy.
So cute! Great size! Zipper should have two pulls meeting in the middle. Center zipper pocket should go to bottom of bag. Small items land in the center bottom and are hard to reach. But so light weight and adorable, I'm keeping.
Small Neat Classic
This is a perfect bag for me. I want to carry a credit card case and a bit of cash, a comb, an iPhone, sunglasses, and a small set of keys. OK, a kleenex, too! If you want every type of makeup with you, plus a giant wallet and sundries that add weight and bulk, avoid ordering this bag. I love it cause it is compact, stays flat across your body without looking lumpy, has just-right outside pockets and enough room inside for things that are easy to locate and pull out . Perhaps the one way zipper that has to go all end to end to open the top would have been easier if it worked two ways and met in the middle. Not a deal breaker. The side gussets keep your stuff from rolling out when the top is fully opened. I found the strap drop on the longest hole just right for me, even if I am wearing a winter coat. I'm 5'5" and zaftig.
I bought this originally in the interesting blue (darker than denim, lighter than navy) and then went back and reordered to get the caramel. These bags wear well with no defects or damage occurring over time (even if rain or snow hits it) and look very classy with jeans or dresses. A bag for a gal who dresses more preppy, less frilly. If you prefer a chic simple bag to carry necessities and a light feeling instead of luggage on your shoulder, this is the right pick.
The quality of this purse is wonderful but it was just too small for me. Sorry.
Perfect little purse for every day
I have had this purse for a few months and I absolutely love it. The leather is very soft and easy to clean. It is wearing beautifully! The back pocket is great for easy access to phone or ID. The inner zipper pocket keeps cash and credit cards secure. I can fit quite a few cosmetics in it due to it's soft composure. Love it and now I want it in BLACK! Best purse I've bought here yet!
This was my first B. Makowsky purse. I was so looking forward to this from the reviews that I read. However, there are no interior pockets except the small center zip area that doesn't go all the way do to the bottom of the purse. Its only about 1 1/2 to 2 inch center pocket. Sad to say this is going back!
Small & Cute
This bag is smaller than I expected. I was hoping it was just like the suede one I love from last Fall. I also miss the interior pockets. Otherwise it is great looking and stylish.