A220355 - B. Makowsky Woven Embossed Leather Med. Shopperw/ Wristlet
Nice....but it puddles too much
This handbag is beautiful but it puddles way to much. I wish they would stop stuffing the purse so much with paper while showing it on air b/c it doesn't give a true look at what the purse will look like when you use it. When I put all the things in it that I wiould carry with me, I couldn't find anything b/c of the droopyness. It just isn't worth it for the high price of this bag. I think it's time for me to stop trying to buy a prse from QVC. This will be going back.......
good and bad...
Received this today and it is going back tomorrow. This purchase was my second B.Mak purchase. I vascillated over the initial showing when it was a TSV with the two sizes. I wish at that time I had purchased one or the other knowing it would be new.
I love the truffle color and the sheen that is coming from it. I love the woven texture.
I agree with many others where the straps need to be a bit longer -- they're not bad, but at times just will not work at this length. I also agree that the bag is too floppy. I thought this style would be a tad more structured.
I do not love the way the bag was received. It truly appears to be a return at a "new" price. It would have been one thing had it been an "as is" purchase with a great discount. The handbag was in a very large box which was crushed on one side and the tape was sloppily applied like someone other than the shipping facility had played with it. The handbag was in a plastic bag with a few crushed papers inside the main compartment. The wristlet was thrown loose inside. Some of the hardware definitely appears to have been "used" -- it is scuffed and scraped. I actually had to scrape a bit of food? or something off one of the woven areas. All in all, outside of actually still having someone's forgotten items inside, to me it says "used" and at this price, that shouldn't be.
I will continue to watch for this truffle color in another B.Mak bag. It is gorgeous and perfect for four seasons.
mmm GREAT HANDBAG
Love the feeling bought in blue and al the hardware is super too
Lovely Updated Classic
I splurged on this in the tan color. Well worth the money. The woven look leather is stunning! Easy pay made up my mind and I am so happy ! I may go back for classic black .
one of the best I have
I LOVE ALL OF BRUCE'S PURSES I HAVE, BUT THIS ONE BY FAR IS THE BEST. I HAVE IT IS COCOA AND MULBERRY WITH A WALLET IN COCOA. THE MULBERY COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL AND VIVRANT. THE GOLD FIXTURES ENHANCE BOTH PURSES. THE COCOA IS A PRETTY BROWN AND YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH EITHER. MY NEXT ONE WILL BE THE BLUE. THANKS BRUCE, I JUST LOVE YOUR WORK AND THE COMPLIMENTS I GET FROM OTHER PEOPLE.
I love this bag. I have it in mulberry and am thinking of getting another color. I really love the wristlet too. It's perfect for your phone, ID and some cash. Great purchase.
OH SO DISAPPOINTED
Been waiting for that perfect BMak bag and thought this one was it. Bought it for a birthday present from me to me. It arrived the day before my birthday so was planning to show it off at my party. Instead it will be going to the post office to return. Where do I start.
1. When I opened the box it wasn't even packaged in anything. The box was 5 times the size of the bag. The tape on the box was gone and the bag was exposed to the elements. It looked like it had been through a war.
2. There was no leather smell at all to the bag.
3. The zip pockets on each side are so small you can hardly get your hand in them and had my keys in one and when I unzipped it the keys fell out.
4. The cell pocket on the back is so small you can't get your hand in there to get the phone out. By the time you get the phone out you missed the call.
5. The straps are not long enough to be able to get in the bag without having to take it off your shoulder. This bag needs to have its opening hit you just above the waist.
6. Inside the lining is so dark that you can't see what you are looking for.
7. The back wall pockets got put on the wrong side! Seriously! You wear the bag with the cell phone pocket up against your body. So when you open the bag, the inside zippered wall pocket is also up against your body so you can't get into it. You have to take the bag off and turn it around!!!
8. There needs to be a zippered outside compartment on the front of the bag that would have 10 slots for credit cards and the slots should have a bank of 5 and another bank of 5 next to it. The cards should face you when you open the compartment. There should also be a zippered wall pocket and a mesh pocket for your paper money and a pouch for coins. It should have gussets on the sides so when unzippered it will lay open so you can get your hands in it to get out what you need. Nothing is good if you can't get in to it and get things out of it.
9. It needs a set of feet in the middle of the bottom of the bag.
10. There is some stitching missing here and there and the stitching on the cell pocket on the back doesn't match and runs downhill.
11. The wristlett is so small that you can't get a thing in it. Substitute it with a matching umbrella.
What I do like about the bag is:
1. Its size is great. I have the medium.
2. Love, love, love the nutmeg color. A brownish gold.
3. It is sooooo soft.
4. Love the gold hardware everywhere.
5. Love the magnetic closure
I would buy this bag again when all its defects are fixed. Hate to send it back, but gotta do it. Hope Bruce you make more bags in this woven look. And please Bruce PUT LONGER SHOULDER STRAPS ON THE BAGS. Don;t like bags that sit up under my armpit. Can't wear them comfortably with winter coats and down jackets. We all don't live in Florida or southern California! Bag opening needs to sit just above the waist.
Received my black bag today and I am in love. Its simple and meets all my expectations.
Soft, large enough (medium) and very chic. This is my 3rd bag from Makowsky but not my last!
Classy & Beautiful!!!
I got the larger version of this bag when it first came out & found myself reaching for it a lot & getting so many compliments even from strangers. I just loved it's function & look. Recently I purchased the nutmeg & then the black in this smaller version, really thinking I'd probably return one. They also are beautiful & have plenty of room/function. Since I'm petite I may even end up liking them a tad better. I have several other of Bruce's bags that I love but have also sent several back for one reason or another. These have been winners to my eye & touch from the time I opened the box. The colors are so gorgeous & the texture so expensive looking. This is a sophisticated & beautiful bag!!! ( So surprised at the bad reviews.)
You won't be disappointed!
This is my first Makowsky purchase and I love it. The size is ample, the leather is soft and the texture of the woven design is really interesting. It is definitely a quality bag.
Love this bag! Great quality, great colors to choose from, roomy, just the right weight.
I have other Makowsky bags! They all wear well.
A Real Winner!
This is my first B. Makowsky bag and glad I waited for this one. I love this bag. Just the right size and the drop is good. Love the Truffle color, it's different, definitely a good different and the woven effect is so very nice, love it. You can be dressed or dressed down. And this Makowsky is light weight compared to others. I love the division of the bag, very good organization. Thanks so much....